Due to excessive advertisements formula milk food is very popular now-a-days. Although breastfeeding is completely a personal matter, some health organizations (like W.H.O.) suggest 5-6 months of exclusive breastfeeding which is beneficial for both mother and children.
Here I am sharing some points from my knowledge and experience about this, which may help you to take your decision.
For the baby:
- Breast milk contains sufficient amount of vitamins, protein and fat which ensures a proper growth for the baby.
- More easily digested than the formula ones.
- Antibodies in breast milk protect your baby from infections.
- Lowers the risk of asthma and allergies.
- Increases IQ
- Helps to develop strong bonding with mother
- Fewer rate of hospitalization due to illness
- Prevents SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome)
For the mother:
- It will increase bonding with your child
- It will help the uterus to return to the normal size more quickly
- Helps to loose pregnancy weight faster
- It will reduce chance of breast and ovarian cancer later in life
- Reduces postpartum bleeding
Breastfeeding creates a unique and powerful physical and emotional connection between a mother and her prince/princess.
You and your baby are unique, and the decision is completely up to you. Hope this writing will help you to take an appropriate decision.
BTW More general info about health care in Eindhoven, click here
‘ENJOY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY IN THE WORLD: MOTHERHOOD’